Doubt

So yesterday for one reason or another the site was down. So much for the Sunday column. Anyway here is what was meant to come up yesterday:

Over the last week I couldn’t help but notice the crisis in Japan. A couple of earthquakes and a nuclear meltdown can hardly go by without worldwide media attention. I heard this one story of a man who was being interviewed and told about how he should pray and ask God to help him. To which he replied “what God?”

When in doubt... Photography

Now maybe I should make this clear from the onset. My heart goes out to the people of Japan. It can’t be easy to deal with the amount of tragedy that they have gone through (I would have definitely, done something to myself by now). When struck by tragedy our roots of belief in anything are shaken. More and more we begin to disbelieve what we were so firmly grounded in for such a long time. At these times we question ourselves and all around us.

We forget that at those times is when we need most what we believe in. At such trying times is when our minds should work hardest to find some sort of hope. Now, I can see some of you saying “Surely, Michael. Have you ever been in a tsunami? Huh? What hope is there from beneath a million tonnes of water?” I agree that my brushes with nature, especially of the wet kind, mainly involve walking through a thunderstorm. Nothing at all that could compare to what the Japanese have gone through.

So who is to blame? Man? God? Science? Nature? Mother Nature? Really, no one. So even as my heart goes out to Japan in this tragic week let’s not forget. Never loose hope, for hope is all we have.

10 thoughts on Doubt

1. I was going to second Akellove but you made a good point! :-) Just like you did in the article :-) Nice! :-) Hope is all we hang to hang onto, to keep us moving forward! :-)

2. your words are soft and full of love….softer than and even more compassionate than rudge.. .. haha… For real, my heart goes out to the people of Japan…that time I was watching TV and wondering how sure I am that where I am is a safe haven..like for real, mother nature can decide to flip this ground where I am standing upside down in a second….

now, the like button… I dont think they sell it….

3. More compassionate than rudge? Funny how coming from you that actually is a compliment.

Thanks for reading =)

The like button will come soon enough…

4. Nice post. You do well to provide us with an opportunity to remember the people of Japan together. The people have been struck a very cruel blow indeed.

Who is to blame? Unfortunately Japan lies inside the so-called ring of fire. 90% of the earthquakes occur here. In Japan they have built earthquake proof houses but they cannot withstand the forces of the Tsunami. Electricity from Nuclear power is often described as cheap energy. When things go wrong however there is one heck of a price to pay.

Stay well.

5. First of all how close is your name to my nickname.. woozie…

Anyway, one heck of a price indeed. Though who said that the tsunami was to happen at that exact point in time. Agreed the decision to put a nuclear plant there was horrible but the tsunami itself did its own amount of damage. You can’t 100% blame anyone.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep reading, tell your friends =)

6. hardships shake our core belief, for the believe in good is based on the presupposition that good protects good, and if such a conclusion fails to hold true, then its premise is faulty too and hence the initial belief will be shaken.

7. Agreed but if good protects good then how come the evil prosper. Our belief’s are a lot deeper than should be shaken. Our belief’s are who we are.